There are many, many reasons. Some major reasons are as follows:
- You belong to the most tolerant path.
- You belong to the path which doesn’t spread hatred or convert anyone with the help of sword or any other means. It spreads and attract people naturally.
- You can accept any path of Sanatana Dharma namely, Vaishnavism, Shaivism, Shaktism, Mayavadism, Smartism etc. No one will force you to accept this or that path.
- Sanatana Dharma or Hinduism (the modern name) is the most oldest or beginning-less path.
- Sanatana Dharma teaches universal brotherhood “sarve sukhino bhavantu” means Let everyone be happy.
- Sri Krishna, the Supreme Lord doesn’t put atheists in the hell just because they do not surrender to him, but the hell or heaven is all dependent on one’s own Karmas.
- You belong to the way of Life or eternal religion (Dharma). How it is the way of Life? You will feel proud after knowing the reason. Why
- You belong to the most scientific eternal religion.
- You belong to the eternal religion which defeats the modern Big bang like theories and go beyond them and reveal the truth in the most logical way. How?
- You belong to the eternal religion which was all over the world some 5k years ago, but due the influence of Kaliyuga, it did not remain in the all parts of the earth. 1) 2) and 3) . There are many such articles.
- Vedic texts have advanced astronomy and cosmology. It talks about higher dimensional views of the universe and beyond.
- The Vedic texts are full of great knowledge. Especially the Bhagavad-gita, which is known as the complete essence of all the Vedic texts. It is the most logical and transcendental science of the Absolute truth. If you just understand it, under the guidance of a Spiritual master, then you need not to study other Vedic texts (gita su-gita kartavya, kim anyaih shastra-vistaraih: “Because Bhagavad-gita is spoken by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, one need not read any other Vedic literature.).
There are many, many other reasons which I have not included here. It is a very big, deep and great topic. Your answers about the question are welcome, please post them in the comments section.
Thank you for reading,
Hare Kṛṣṇa !! Jay Sri Ram!